Re: [IP] Re: Why wait (so long) to pump ?

> Jan - I had my first A1c in either 1980 or 1981.  I
> don't remember the number, but the test was refined
> later on and the scale was changed (up or down? I
> don't know).

If I remember correctly there was the A1 and then the A1c.  They measured
slightly differently and the scale moved up.  So if you had a 6.4 you would
then have a 6.6, or something like that.  The A1 was the test first used in
the early 80s.  Then after a few years of studies they found the A1c to be
more accurate and that become the norm.  I was part of the trial group back
in the early 80s for the A1c at the University of Michigan Motts Children's
Hospital.  Or at least that is what my mom tells me.  Those early years were
a bit of a blur.  I had the best Dr. ever then (Dr. Bacon). I have yet to
find an endo that measures up to him since.

-- Sherry
dxd 8/80 age 4
pump 12/99 MM508