[IP] Re: Type 1 teenager with Graves

Hi:  Well, no longer qualifying as a teenager, but do have Graves.  I chose
the radioactive Iodine approach, though I am not so sure that is the perfect
solution.  If you go to About.com and look up their Thyroid forum, you will
find some great helps.  Also if you need book titles, E mail me for them.

The iodine left me almost immediately hypo (slow) thyroid.  This is the part
that takes the most work--getting a sufficient amount of thyroid hormone back
into your system on a daily basis.

Interesting, I have not seen too many teens with this, and so I'll bet there
is a whole different physiological response to everything.

Well, my two cents.....