[IP] Pump Group Meeting--San Jose, California

For those in the San Francisco Bay area, the April meeting of the Bay
Area Pump Group is scheduled for Tuesday, April 15 at the Diabetes
Society of Santa Clara Valley in San Jose.  The moderator for the
meeting will be Sue Ann Kelly who is a certified pump trainer, RN and
CDE. We are a diverse, friendly group ranging in age from 10 to over 70
and we always have fun while at the same time learning new things about
pumping. The meeting is a great place to share ideas and experiences and
the group leaders are very helpful for answering questions and exploring
problems.  Family members, significant others and friends are also
welcome to attend.  There is no cost and you do not need to be a member
of the Diabetes Society.

In addition to our open conversation about pumping and diabetes, we
usually select a specific topic for discussion.  This month, Paige
Redden, a registered dietician, will be joining us.  Paige worked for
the Diabetes Society for many years as their dietician and has much
experience with nutrition and how it relates to diabetes.  In addition,
Paige herself is diabetic and also wears a pump.  She thus has a very
good understanding of the challenges we face as she has to deal with
them, too.  Paige is now taking care of professional education for
Lifescan, the Johnson & Johnson company that makes the One Touch Ultra
meters and test strips.  I have known Paige for a number of years and
she is a very talented professional as well as being a delightful lady.
She will be talking to us about nutrition and carb counting and will be
able to answer questions you may have about your own diet.  So ponder
your questions and bring them with you. It should be a very interesting
and productive meeting.

Meeting details are as follows:

  When: 7 to 8:30 PM, Tuesday, April 15
  Where: Diabetes Society of Santa Clara Valley
               The office is located in the Willow Glen area
               just south of downtown San Jose, in the
               renovated Garden Theater building at:

               1165 Lincoln Avenue, Suite 300
               San Jose CA 95125
               Phone: (408) 287-3785

There is free parking at the rear of the building.  Enter the building
from the front or rear and take the elevator to the third floor.  Turn
left out of the elevator and the Diabetes Society is just ahead on the

If you have any questions or need to know more, please contact me.

Bob Goodman