Re: RE:[IP] Gusher

> Hee hee hee!
> Chris...you are now a bonafide insulin pumper!

Oh, no!!!!

I just discovered I'm not a *bona fide* insulin pumper!

In all my years of pumping, I have never had a gusher.  The most I've ever
had is just a dribble of blood that stops immediately when blotted.  I
didn't even know there was such a thing until I joined the list last fall.

I was always grateful that I had not been so blessed.  Now, though, I am
anxious to become *bona fide.*  To think I've just been faking it all these
years!!  ;-D

I've asked this before and never got an answer.  If anybody reads this time
who happens to know, why does this happen to some people and not to others?
Or am I a total oddball?

Frankly, it never occurred to me that the blood might possibly continue
flowing after momentary blotting.  I do believe I would have totally
panicked if it ever happened to me, at least before I read about it here.
Soaking towels, numerous paper towels?  Who'd have thought it?  It doesn't
happen when they remove IV's, at least, not that I'm aware of!

Come to think of it, what DOES cause them, since the flow of blood in those
veins for IV's/blood draws doesn't?

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990