[IP] Re: Anyone Buy ther Own Insurace

Jef and Sharon:  I just priced the Chamber plan here in New Mexico.  It was
actually a few dollars more for the exact same plan we already purchased for
our small business ($480 and we are in at $475 by ourselves.)  The Chamber
membership was at minimum $178 per year for this city.

The Small Business Association will not cover diabetics, that is what they
told us.  They said their yellow pages ad calls them a group, but they are not
a group.  They were so rude--they actually told my husband we can cover you
but we will not even cover your wife.  Then they had the nerve to try to sell
him a plan for himself.

Many states do have health plans for self-employed people who need insurance
and.or have medical needs.