From: email @ redacted
[mailto:email @ redacted] On Behalf Of Terese
Sent: Saturday, April 12, 2003 10:17 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Something Wrong Here

Len,  Even though I often have to ask myself, "What IS he talking
when reading your posts, I relate to the wondering why, in my 32 years
of Type 1 and MDI, no medical professional ever mentioned the pump to
It was a neighbor (it's a small town/country/world, we're all neighbors)
told me her 13-year-old was getting an insulin pump IN THE MAIL that got
me asking questions.:  How can they send it in the mail?  Who is going
to put
it inside the boy?  (Maybe a Do It Yourself Manual is included, with
instructions for Making the Incision, Connecting to Arteries, etc.) lol
Why hadn't I heard about this before?  I didn't get it.  I still don't
Some of the pumpers on this list knew about the pump 10 or 15 years ago.
Why, with the scores of doctors I've seen over the past 30+ years, did I
to learn about the pump over the back fence, search for a CDE who knew
something about it and find a doctor who would authorize the tests and
write me a  *letter of medical necessity* so I could get the pump?
I knew I wanted it and it has been an amazing transformation in my
of life.  I'm a happier, healthier, more liberated person with the pump.
So, what's going on here with the medical professionals?

Lee at Mt. Shasta  -  dxd Type 1 1971  -  Paradigm pumping since 4/02