Re: [IP] (Hotmail) some scary stuff

At 06:21 AM 4/13/2003 George wrote:
 >You can't imagine how stupid they are.  I've seen Michael work with
 >them for months trying to get their techs trained in how to deal with
 >their system.  But after all that time it has proven to be hopeless.
 >When their system starts rejecting messages because their computers
 >are busy "rebooting" there is no amount of volunteer labor we can
 >apply to correct the problem.  Our suggestion would be to use Hotmail
 >ONLY if you want a Browser subscription.  If you want to receive
 >mail, choose one of the other Free-mail services.  HOTMAIL = HOPELESS!

I'd like to second (and third) that comment. After working on handling
Insulin Pumpers mail bounces for the past two weeks, it's amazing how many
bounces we get. If your subscription suddenly gets changed from individual
mail to the digest, suspect mail bounces as the reason. We are forced to
change subscriptions in order to prevent a flood of bounces back to the
server. One of the frequent causes of bounces are Spam filters (either
yours or that of your ISP). Please be sure that list mail is not excluded
(call your ISP for help, if you need it). Another frequent cause of bounces
is an overflowing inbox. All ISP's have a limit on the size of the mail
inbox. So be sure that you empty yours frequently and make sure that your
mail reader is not set to leave mail on the server.

Please remember, if you are changing email addresses, going away for awhile
or want to change your subscription, please write to the address in the
footer, below. Thanks.

Another IP Mail Administrator