Re: [IP] some scary stuff

Hi Ashley, I guess my thoughts are that you need to
start by reducing the stress in your life.  YOu must
first think of what you have the power to change.
Maybe lighten your school load for now.  I believe
that school is very important. but if you are not
feeling 100% or die as the result of going, what good
will it be to you?  So, lighten your load there.  Why
is the house stressing you?  Is it a matter of $$ or
just the fact that there is a bit of work in setting
up a new home?  Just take it one thing at a time.  If
some boxes stay packed for a bit, that is OK, right?
As far as your future husband's rotating schedule
goes, is this permanent?  Maybe he could explain the
situation to his boss (this is a family emergency ya
know) and not have to do so much of the rotation
Anyway, Maybe you don't have to switch endos.  45
minutes is not that far if you only see him quarterly
like I do mine.  If you see him more often, well, I
guess you may have to switch.  Have you thought of
going on something for anxiety/depression?  Since you
seem to have such a huge reaction to stress, this
might be something to talk to your Dr. about.  Maybe
even going to stress management training?  Like you, I
tend to change BGs pretty rapidly, but not to the
extent you are describing.  maybe taking a little time
to work through your basal and bolus process and some
strict diet monitoring for a bit.  I know you hate log
books, ME TOO!!! But, you might have to bite the
and do it for awhile until you figure out how to avoid
such drastic changes.  You must just feel awful
physically after such drastic changes in BG!  I hope
this helps.  I will keep you in my prayers!  Blessings
-- Ashley <email @ redacted> wrote:
> deductible contributions.
> per month is
> you and the rest
> from your IP mail
> Hi all,
> After a month battle with hotmail, I finally figured
> how to get the list
> emails again(gosh, hotmail staff is so stupid!  I
> had to figure it out on my
> own).
> I need some MAJOR help...I feel my diabetes is in
> serious trouble.  I am under
> a tremendous amount of stress...taking 17 hours at
> school...have exams,
> projects, and papers all due soon.  And I just
> bought my first house and moved
> cities (from St. Louis county to St. Charles county
> in Missouri.  And my
> fianci's boss is rotating him weird shifts- like
> graveyard, 2nd, and not his
> normal day shift (this is a big deal for me because
> it not only messes up
> sleep, but I also depend on him when I need to go
> somewhere at night- I can't
> drive at night because of my retinopathy).
> With all of that taken into consideration, you can
> only imagine what my bgs
> are.  I am going from 40 to 400 numerous times a
> day.  I have no time to keep
> a log.  In fact, I need to switch endos because my
> endo is now 45 minutes away
> and I don't feel comfortable driving that far.  But
> I am in the process of
> getting proper referrals.The other day my bg dropped
> so fast, Jeff had to call
> the paramedics because he said I started twitching
> and my eyes rolled to the
> back of my head, I fell off the chair and had a
> grand mal.   Then you get the
> sugar in your veins (my bg was 20) and it throws you
> all the way up to
> 300...yikes...I felt awful.  Anyways, this week I am
> concentrating on getting
> my bgs back in order.  I hate the dehydrated feeling
> then back to water
> retention.
> Does anyone have any pointers?  I will keep a log
> this week and I will test a
> lot and plan out a good meal plan.  Maybe those are
> the answers, but I am just
> scared.  Thanks for listening,
> Ashley5222222222222222222222222222222
> HELP@insulin-pumpers.org