[IP] fingers and callouses

I have been testing a lot more often and am noticing that my fingers now have
thick calouses.  I use the newer lancets and lancing device that has the
settings.  Does anyone have any tips on maybe a new lancing device or lancets
or a prouduct out there that can help?  I have a one touch ultra and have
tried a timy sample of blood from my arm, but I always get er5 or er4...not
enough blood.  Why do they promote that thing if it won't work???
Please give me some pointers if you would.  Thank you,
Ashley