[IP] hyperosmolar coma

About a month ago, my mother age 69 went into a hyperosmolar coma.
her blood sugar was ""1150"". they had to take it 3 times at the hospital
because they could not believe the number. she was told a year ago that she
had diabetes,  pills were given, and she went to the doctor every three
months. i asked her once a week about her numbers, she told me , i don't
know, the doctor checks it when i see him.  i sent her a meter and 12 boxes
of strips, no excuses i thought!!  after i saw her in the hospital, i went to
her apartment. i'm sure you can guess what i found. a unopened meter, and 12
boxes of strips, her pills...NEVER used. she wanted no part of diabetes, but
it wanted ALL of her.  i talked to the doctor today, her body   has begun to
shut down, it's just a matter of time.  it has been 22 years for me, i fight
she had so much to look live for..........  WHY???  i'm sorry to babble on,
just having a  hard time...........needed to talk to someone that would
understand, thanks for being out there....................stacy b