Re: [IP] False expectations about pumping???? How long does it take?

Hey Karen,
 I too was frustrated for the first couple of months, but it does get
better. I al still fine tuning the basils, and I have been pumping since
Nov1/02, I think I am going to be one of those people who will always have
to fine tune ;). One other thing I have learned that no one told me. Being a
woman sucks when you are on insulin;), I now have 3 basil programs, one for
after my period is over(slightly lower), one for once I Ovulate(lowest) and
one for the second my period starts(the highest), I have read the pumping
insulin book, and I think my insulin requirements are the opposite of what
is considered normal, surprise surprise lol.
Anyway, I hope this has helped, keep on pumpin and keep on tweekin those
basils, my pump is now a part of me, like my third arm if you will;), even
with the constant tweeking, I LOVE it, I have NOT had the paramedics to my
house in 5 months now, they used to be here at the very least on a monthly
basis, mind you, they sure were cute ;) lol
Tami in Tucson