[IP] Why wait (so long) to pump ?

-- DANGER.... a len lutz post!!!!

now, this is a subject, that i feel, i can speak about, with some (some)

i read of:
  JH, who, if nothing else, is a pioneer.
Gail, who has been pumping, since the pump was "steam driven".
Kristen , pumping for 13 years

then Me...... 45 years, before pumping...

i do feel, like i am among those in a similar situation

I read post
"Hi.. ive been on mdi for 23 years, and started pumping"
" ive been diabetic for 27 years, and started pumping last year
"I was dxdm 1978, and am thinking about pumping"
"JS.... dxe 24, years ago, and pumping for 2 years"
"RB 20 years.... "

then i read of kids, that are diagnosed on thursday, and are pumping the
next monday
(ok.. a SLIGHT exaggeration, but, you get the point)

Im not implying, that it is for everyone, but, id (I'd... got that... me)
think, it would be something, that everyone, should, at least be aware of.

WHAT IS WRONG, with this picture....
is the medical industry, not aware, or afraid to "rock the boat", "or mess
with (supposed)   success" ?

I have a great endo, but, she never even talked about the pump...
were it not by some intervention, my mother (unarguably, one of the best)
(please... let me go, on this one), i still would be shooting lanete (or
lantus), and regular, twice a day.

(i am aware of the lantus and novo/huma log program, ad do think, that it
is a wonderful improvement, but, i didnt get on that, till near 44 1/2 years.

maybe, i could blame my endo, but, my many years with her, have, as best as
i can tell, been healthy ones. (no kenahoras)

from my experience, and, what i read every day, it does seem like those who
pump, do like it,
(or love it) ,  and you  know, how i feel about it.
(those who gave a darn)

i still talk to people, all the time, who are plain unaware....

Im not, so much, looking for fault, just a reason.

"somethings wrong here.... somethings very very wrong here" (bill murry,

If im wrong... let me know... i CAN TAKE IT.... really, i can

(If you disagree, you might consider,  making your response, as un "a
personal attach",
as is humanly possible)

(Your Thoughts May Greatly Differ)

len phila pa.dxdm 1956 pmp 10/10/02 (is this great, or what ?)
www.lenlutz.com/mydiabetes and GBSTY
Lately It Occurs To Me
What A Long Strange Trip Its Been
(R. Hunter)