Re: [IP] Re: Extreme Sports

----- Original Message -----
From: "gail d" <email @ redacted>
To: "ip list" <email @ redacted>
Sent: Friday, April 11, 2003 4:15 PM
Subject: [IP] Re: Extreme Sports

> *IF* Mt. Everest's summit were at 10,000 feet (highest
> altitude of the Antarctic) or less - then I wouldn't
> have any problems with the freezing or pressurization
> of insulin.
> BUT, since Mt. Everest tops out at 29,035 ft (per
> National Geog) and the temp is colder than the
> Antarctic (-100F at the summit vs -90F (yeah, I know
> it's only 10 degrees F, but that's all I've got)) - I
> guess I haven't solved either of those problems yet!
> LOL.
> We're talking about Denali - want to join us?
> Hey - anyone know if any T1s have ever done one of the
> 24-hour bike rides?  We're training for a ride this
> summer in Wyoming, but I'm thinking bigger...
> -gail in denver
> Dx'd T1 02/14/72 @ age 11.  Pumping since 1985-ish.

If you ever did decide to tackle Everest.  My money would be on you!

What is Denali?  I'll be part of the coalition of the willing!  But, since I
still can't walk three blocks without unbearable pain, I'll be the part of
the coalition that cheers you on!

I knew I picked a winner when I started your fan club.  You are truly