Re: [IP] RE:[P] difficulties with the Cosmo reminders

> What is the first thing you do on waking in the AM? Put a reminder note at
> that location. Also, put one on your bathroom mirror, and on the kitchen
> cupboard door, or the refrigerator. After a few days of doing this, you
> have a new habit established.

I am going to save your message and put up those signs . . . after my new
pump arrives.  Hopefully it WILL work.  This morning I bolused before hand.
Otherwise, I've done pretty well remembering to shut it off at night and
turn it back on in the morning.

I'm anxiously awaiting their getting the bright idea to make it possible to
disable the reminders at certain hours of the day.  It is another one of
those "pump improvements" that we never would have thought of without the
improvement to have reminders in the first place.

I can tell, though, that this is a great pump for me, because I am finally
checking my sugars more than four times a day, which is all I have done for

> Another thought: When this pump is you own pump, and not a loaner, it will
> your new baby. Your "sleeping ears" might be more tuned in for alarms at
> point.

I'm not counting on *that* idea at ALL.  I truly believe that part of my
light sleeping after childbirth was due to my own paranoia that I might NOT
wake when my baby needed me and the nourishment I could give her!  And
actually, the only time I didn't wake for her was when I was having another
of my postpartum bad lows.  My husband figured out what was wrong when I
didn't respond, got my kit, woke me and told me to check.  Meanwhile, he
walked the floors with our then frantic daughter.

It took me a little while, but I dealt with the problem and was able to
nurse her soon after that.

And the tendency toward heavy sleep returned with both of those kids.  Once
I knew they didn't really need me in the middle of the night, well, I could
again sleep through their disturbances.  I'm sure my husband really
appreciates THAT sometimes!  ;-)

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990