[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #203

 I love insulin too. Without insulin I would have died in 1997. I don't mind the
pump either; it's way better than NPH. I don't care if they whole world knows
that I a have diabetes. It doesn't make me any less of a hard worker and I don't
call in sick more than other people. I am a nurse and I work full-time 40 weeks.
When I call in it's usually because my 3 year old non-diabetic son is ill. There
are many people that I work with who call in way more than I do and they don't
have any children or diabetes. I think it's important that your family, friends,
co-workers do know about your diabetes in case you ever have a hypoglycemic
attack and need help. I have found most people are very understanding. What they
don't understand is how I am able to eat like a non-diabetic person. The medical
professionals I work with don't get the I match my insulin to my food not my
food to my insulin deal. They probabley haven't seen anyone else with a pump
besides me before. !
  The most important thing to me about having diabetes is hoping for a cure. I
wish we could get the politicians on the bandwagon to appropriate more funding
for diabetes research. How did that Susan G. Koman lady do it with breast
cancer? We need a spokesperson for diabetes. Hali Berry has diabetes; why
doesn't she try to help raise money for JDRF (if she does; I am not aware of it
and have never seen any advertisements, etc). What can we do to bring more money
for research for a cure?

 insulin-pumpers-digest <email @ redacted> wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made
possible by your tax deductible contributions.

insulin-pumpers-digest Friday, April 11 2003 Volume 07 : Number 203

PLEASE edit the subject line of your reply messages.
This issue of the digest contains:
RE: [IP] Two things
Re: [IP] Re: IP Stigmatizing
[IP] Re: Hating diabetes
[IP] Re: IP Stigmatizing
Re: [IP] Re: IP Stigmatizing
Re: [IP] Re: counting carbs and TAB
[IP] Re: Re: Diabetes, Pumping and Dieting HELP!
RE: [IP] Re: Re: Diabetes, Pumping and Dieting HELP!
[IP] hiding the Paradigm
[IP] Re: IP Stigmatizing
[IP] Re: counting carbs and TAB
[IP] RE: I'm not going to waste energy on hating Diabetes.
[IP] cruise help
Re: [IP] airport .......hey lady lift your shirt
Re: [IP] hiding the Paradigm
[IP] Routine maintenance on Insulin Pumps
[IP] hiding the Paradigm
Re: [IP] hiding the Paradigm
[IP] Re: Loving Life
[IP] MCL Update
Re: [IP] mountain climbing
re: [IP] Fear of Insertion/Hating Diabetes
[IP] Re: Loving Life
Re: [IP] Re: Loving Life
[IP] Re: IP Stigmatizing