[IP] Re: Extreme Sports

Jan and someone named ElvisToo wrote:
>Guy on insulin walked across Antarctica. Why can't
>you climb Mt. Everest? And, come to think of it,
>somebody (Midge Cross) did that, too.

Well, Jan...

Apples & Oranges are both in the same kingdom
(plantae), but they aren't in the same genus or

*IF* Mt. Everest's summit were at 10,000 feet (highest
altitude of the Antarctic) or less - then I wouldn't
have any problems with the freezing or pressurization
of insulin.

BUT, since Mt. Everest tops out at 29,035 ft (per
National Geog) and the temp is colder than the
Antarctic (-100F at the summit vs -90F (yeah, I know
it's only 10 degrees F, but that's all I've got)) - I
guess I haven't solved either of those problems yet!

We're talking about Denali - want to join us?

Hey - anyone know if any T1s have ever done one of the
24-hour bike rides?  We're training for a ride this
summer in Wyoming, but I'm thinking bigger...

-gail in denver

Do you Yahoo!?