[IP] Re Hating diabetes

Perhaps Scott is correct.  Perhaps those of us who have had diabetes since
childhood are able to handle it better than say a teen or a young adult.  I
have had diabetes for 40 years--was diagnosed at the age of 8.  I am lucky to
be alive--I was near coma stage and my parents had taken me to 7 doctors
before one finally checked for diabetes.  I do not dwell on the bad aspects
of diabetes.  Am I different than the rest?  No, I just don't dwell on it.
Sure, things are happening with my body and my system that I am not happy
about but I cannot change it.  I know the next life will be a much better one
than this one, for I will have a new body and no more pain or sorrow.  For
those of you who have children who are diabetics, I commend you for your
diligence and bravery in taking care of your children and doing what is best
for them.  My parents were great with my diabetes.  Mom has told me she used
to cry herself to sleep at night but she never cried in front of me.

So, carry on fellow Ipers and know that yes, we are all in the same boat and
with this website we can get some answers to questions we have.

Don't worry, be happy.

Debbie and Maggie IP
dx 3/63 at age 8
pumping 3/00