[IP] Hating D waste of energy

On 4/11/03 8:49 AM, "insulin-pumpers-digest" <email @ redacted>

> Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2003 11:11:22 -0400
> From: "Lutz, Leonard" <email @ redacted>
> Subject: [IP] RE: I'm not going to waste energy on hating Diabetes
> that seemed like a bit of energy, to me.....
>>> But I will dammed if I "accept" it, nor will I accept being called
> "diabetic"
> well it sure is more concise then "homo sapien with pancreatic diabetes
> militias disorder"
> PLEH_EZE... i guess, if it bothers you, well fine.
> Didnt we have this a few weeks ago.
> something like:
> "sweet smelling siphon, who walks through the shadow of  yada... yada"
> "whats in a name..... a diabetic, by any other name, will still be a
> diabetic, (and will smell as sweet... im not goin' there)"
> "and thats all ive got to say about that"
> (wheh.... that was a bunch of energy.... my fingers need a rest now)

Uh with the use of the "PLEH_EZE" all the while, it really sounds like maybe
you think we're all so pitiful. So patronizing, and if we as a list are that
tedious to you, you do have the option of just Leaving....Right? That
capitalized; "PLEH_EZE" is just a measure of what can be perceived as
rudeness from you, as if you think the original poster said something
wrong.....which they did not.

Yes, this topic came up before, sorry all 4,000 members didn't catch it the
first time around, but that's normal right?

When I was Dx-ed I was put out, I felt I was doing fine with my blindness
from premature birth and wondered "Why this too?" but as far as 'Hating it'
no. I think 'Hate" is a strong word. For a physical condition I dislike
having it, but like all folks, we simply have to move on and do the best we
can for ourselves.

-- I've learned....
That I can't choose how I feel, but I can choose what I do about it.

Jenny Sutherland