[IP] Routine maintenance on Insulin Pumps

Although my Endo has tried to convince me the past two years to get an insulin
pump, I have never felt ready, and to be honest, I don't know if I am yet. But
I have to try it at least for a few months before I decide it is not for me.
But from what I have read on this forum, I guess once I have used it for a
while I will not want to go back. :-)

I have not chosen a pump yet and will have to make the decision soon. I have
read every website I could and after a visit to my clinic narrowed it down to
the Paradigm or the Cozmo. My questions are mainly regarding these two pumps,
but I would be grateful for any input from users of other IP types as well.

I am a scientist who work with instruments in a biochemistry lab. Each
instrument has an annual Preventative Maintenance Inspection by a trained
person who replaces or cleans parts and ensures that the instrument is in
"good health". I calibrate my instruments regularly as well to ensure that the
results I get is correct.
1) Does Insulin Pumps have PMI's as well?
2)How often?
3) How do you know it is delivering the volume of insulin you tell it to? That
is does it get calibrated?
4) If insulin pumps need PMI's, does the company provide you with a loaner
5) How long does a PM  take?

Regarding getting a pump:  How long do you have to wait after you have
completed the forms before a pump is in your hands (or by your side)? Now that
I have made the decision, I want to get pumpin' as soon as possible.