[IP] Re: IP Stigmatizing

>>><snip>I feel some amount of resentment that there seems to be this idea
you cannot have a healthy pregnancy if you are not on the pump and if you
thinking about getting pregnant and not going on the pump for the pregnancy
you are bad, hurting your baby, etc. I feel like these kinds of thoughts and
statements are really similar to the idea that if you have a unexplained
you are "bad" or if you eat sugar you are "bad." Just that pervasive idea
that I
believe people with diabetes have to fight coming from others and their own
internal dialogue. Granted, being pregnant on the pump seems to be much
than trying MDI. But I think it is a personal choice. If I am willing to do
shots a day to keep my BS in the range they need to be, then that is my

Everyone has a right to their opinions, choices, and feelings and you
certainly have those rights. Do please remember, you are talking to a
pumpers group of more than 4,144 members where the majority pump -- some
with a couple of decades of experiences. You won't find too many here
agreeing to not pump; that's what this list is about. For those who do not
want to pump, this isn't the place to glorify non-pumping or MDI. About 99%
of us have joined Sara Smarty Pants AZ in her statement: You'll get my pump
from me when you pry it out of my cold, dead hands. YMMV (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

You can use statistics to prove anything that's remotely true - 63% of
people know that.