[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V7 #201

>[IP] Re: IP Stigmatizing
>But if you are on the fence, I'd urge you to give it a try.  No one
>will hold a gun to your back and force you to continue using it if it
>makes you miserable!

I was a little apprehensive about being conected to something too, but what
I did was had my dad cut me a block of wood to the dimensions of the pump I
had looked at, and I wore it, clipped to my clothes with a piece of thread
taped to it, and taped to my stomach with surgical tape.

Granted, It did nothing to show me the benefits of the pump, but at least I
got used to wearing it, sleeping with it on and finding ways to hide it and
wear it in the clothes that I owned.  I had one or two people ask me what I
was doing with the block of wood where I worked, but once they understood
what I was doing and why, they thought it was cool.

Just tossing a few ideas out there.

email @ redacted

AIM:  jspock1
ICQ:  25177424