Re: [IP] Re: Diabetes, Pumping and Dieting HELP!

> I have lost weight, have lots of energy, am not hungry, and have good bgs!

First, I am glad that you are having success with the Atkins diet, and I
hope that you remain healthy while on it.

My doctor's office strongly recommends that Type 1's avoid this diet like
the plague.  Their main reason is that DKA needs three components to happen
(1) ketones, (2) dehydration, and (3)high blood sugar.  With Atkins you
loose weight by having ketones, so you are now more vulnerable to DKA
because you only need two of the components for DKA to happen.  BTW, the
office does not recommend the diet for Type 2's either.

-- Sherry