[IP] itchy, irritated sites -- Allergist visit

Just came home from the allergist.  The rash currently on my forearms
(it has been around <gr.>) looks to him like a reaction to a drug, and
with my itchy, irritated sites story, he is treating it as an insulin
allergy.  He says he has treated 2 pump patients for insulin allergy,
but they both had hard spots where the infusion sites had been, which I
don't.  One he treated with a steroid in the pump (I forget just how --
I was too involved in telling him about my inappropriate reaction to
cortisone in October, so he decided that it wouldn't be appropriate for
me).  He did do an immunoglobulin test (to be sent out),as well as skin
tests  that came out negative, and prescribed both Allerga and Zyrtec,
as well as Zantac, and I am supposed to go back in a month.  He warned
me that it might get worse (and, of course, it has been a progressive
thing from the first), but of course he  doesn't really know what it is
or what will happen.  He actually spoke of the possibility of using
animal insulin, but goodness knows where I could even get it these
days.  I forgot to bring up the possibility of using Regular insulin
again, or velosulin, if they still make it  (it had struck me as
something to try, but I don't really want to, because it always had an
unpredictable tail of action on me, and I can be so much better
controlled on the designer insulins).

Linda Z