Re: [IP] Re: pumps as pagers

  Last week I had to go to the courthouse in a small county and the Officer sit
at the table told me....You are going to have to take that pager off and put it
in your purse.. I said Sir, It is an insulin Pump.. A WHAT?? he said, So I
explanned how I was a diabetic and it was giving me insulin, He said he never
heard of one and wanted me to take it off,WELL I started to lose control , and
by this time my friend spoke up and said,Bonne' for christ sake just pull your
pants down and show him your infusion set..... He let me go in . hehehehe
Bonne' Cowger-Roszel
  jhughey <email @ redacted> wrote:Insulin Pumpers is made possible by your tax
deductible contributions.

> When I have messed with my pump in public, people ask me if that's my
> I don't know if I ever recall anyone figuring out on their own what it

This reminds me of when I was wearing my king-sized pack of cigarette-sized
pump in the '80s. I went with Mom to a cafeteria and an employee carried
Mom's tray to the table. She saw my bag hanging from my belt and the tubing
(about 6") running to my waistline. She said, "That's cute!" Well, I was #7
in the area to have a pump and I was in another county so figured she had no
idea what it was. I asked. She said, "Of course I know, it's a colostomy

hmmmmmm - wrong color in the tubing and wayyyyyyyyyyy too narrow! LOL

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

Lettin' the cat outta the bag is a whole lot easier 'n puttin' it back in.

Do you Yahoo!?