Re: [IP] Hating Diabetes

At 10:59 PM 4/8/03 -0700, you wrote:
 > >But I must admit, with all the ups and downs of this disease I still am so
 > >'grateful' that is is ONLY diabetes that my son was diagnosed with 5.5+
 > >ago and not something like leukemia or some other cancer that a lot of kids
 > >never recover from.
 >Um, sorry to burst your bubble, Syl, but do you know anyone who has
 >recovered from diabetes?

<<Um...I think you know what I meant when I said that!!! Josh can live with
diabetes. Most cancers you don't live with...and you KNOW what I mean!!!
mom to Joshua>>

Yes, Sylvia, I did know what you meant.  I also know that many
people--accidentally or intentionally--categorize diabetes as a disease
that is easier than others to live with.  I consider that a problem.

I know many people who have been diagnosed with cancer and have had to
underdo agonizing chemo or surgery, but who are now cured.  I do not know
anyone with diabetes who has been so blessed.  I consider that a problem as