Re: [IP] Diabetes, Pumping and Dieting HELP!

At one time I did something very close to Atkins.  It was called Protein
Power and I did lose a lot of weight.  In fact I became the poster boy for
my doctor who had me on it.  I did find that after awhile it wasn't working
for me and my weight has been bouncing up and down.

Your diet does not seem outrageous.  I should also point out that I am not a
dietician.  I just love to argue with them! <G>

But, I can see that the vodka and grapefruit juice caused the highest spike
and  many people would love to have a 141 blood glucose level! Maybe vodka
and a diet soda in the future?

If you were to move away from the starchy carbs like potato and the
grapefruit juice you might tend to lose more.

Exercise can be helpful in losing weight and bringing your blood sugars
where you want to be with less use of insulin.  As always YMMV!

Me?  I've got kidney failure so my kidneyologist says no Atkins or Protein
Power for me.  I also just came out of an endecterotomy (rotor router of the
carotid artery) for mini-strokes.  So exercise for now is being severely

Oh well.   At least I am upright again, for now.