Re: [IP] Re: Hating Diabetes

Well there's something to be said for this concept that originated
with the great US Physician, William Welch, who said something like,
the way to reach a comfortable old age was to contract a chronic
illness and take care of it.
   But for me it makes no more sense to hate diabetes than to hate
curly hair.  You have to handle the cards you are dealt--complaining
won't get you a new deal.  Or as my dear Jewish mother used to say,
"We all have our cross to bear."
-wayne (who's already lived 10 years longer than his healthy normal,
non-diabetic father)