Re: [IP] holding off cuz of diabetes LONG

> It is my personal conviction that diabetes should
> NEVER hold someone (ME especially) back from doing anything!!  There HAS
> be a way around, over, through or under ANY obstacle.  <snip> All you can
do is live your life.  And not live it in FEAR!!
> <snip> I don't want to get to be 60 or 70 and WISH that I had done
things!!  I can't
> sit here thinking I am a BAD diabetic regretting all the oreos and ice
> and high blood tests and continually PUNISHING myself!!  If we let our
> parents, our doctors and teachers tell us we are bad or FOOLISH when we
> choose to do something "radical" like going to COLLEGE (ridiculous), or
> eating ben and jerry's for breakfast, then we have already LOST!

Thanks for the inspirational message, Sara!  Sometimes, you've just got to
go with the flow.  I remember deciding spur of the moment to go to a
waterslide as a teenager.  As I had already eaten and taken my full dose, I
knew I was going to go low.  I took food with me, ate before I started and
kept tabs on my sugars.  It took more thought, and I had to compensate more
than others did (all the walking back to the top really did a number on my
sugars), but it was worth it.

When you let diabetes keep you from doing what you want to do, you ARE
losing.  I say, don't obsess over the diabetes.  Deal with it, and do what
you want to do.

I don't want to be too hard on those who are struggling with hating their
diabetes; I've been there too!  But I do want to encourage you to pull
yourself out of that mindset and move on.  Diabetes isn't worth being
miserable over.  Life is meant to be lived to its fullest.

Thanks again, SSP!  That needed to be said!

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990