[IP] Diabetes and heart health

I went to a great seminar last night given by my endo. It was a little
depressing as he was very matter of fact about mortality rates of people
with diabetes, but I came away with a new outlook on some things. He talked
about risk factors other than diabetes. I have lots of them, as in high
blood pressure, obesity, high cholesterol, etc. He mentioned smoking about
10 times so keep up the good work of quitting Jan!  Anyways, I realized that
the reason I have to keep taking more and more medications to try and
control things are for good scientific reasons. They are trying to extend my
life and my quality of life with all the pills. So I have decided that my
new motto is to live better chemically! I will take all the pills with a
smile, try my best to affect what I can with regards to my health, and dream
of grandchildren some day! Susan