Re: [IP] RE: Hating diabetes

     I've got to pipe up here. People say "oh - it's not AIDS/HIV" like
diabetes is easy to deal with. I've been diabetic for 12 years now, and
HIV positive for 1 1/2 years, and in my experience, HIV is much much
much easier to deal with than diabetes. With HIV, I take 2 pills a day,
and get my numbers checked 3 times a year.
    With the diabetes i'm checking my blood sugar levels 7-10x a day,
calculating boluses, worrying about the battery in my pump and feeling
like crud when i mess up.
     I'd rather not have either. But I think that have diabetes has
taught me a lot. Of course, YMMV, and the HIV might not always play so
nice, but at this point in my life....

PS: It seems that it's easier for people who are diagnosed when they are
young. At this point in my life, I don't even remember what it was like
to not be diabetic. It just seems normal to test my blood sugar and take