[IP] Re: Hating Diabetes

Dear Kelby,

*Thank you* for sharing about your experience. I feel the same: Type 1
affects every part of our lives. Until we got this disease, we had no idea
what others with Type 1 go through. Now we do.

Occasionally, I tell my husband that while I am willing to do whatever is
necessary to support my health, I hate diabetes. I think it helps to just say
it sometimes. We work so hard at dealing with this--but in spite of our very
best efforts, our blood sugars often climb and dive w/o obvious explanations.
Our brains don't feel the same. Our emotions feel less under control. Our
muscles, nerves, kidneys, eyes, and cirulatory/digestive systems act
differently than they did when we had a healthy pancreas. It's not something
anyone can really relate to unless they actually have Type 1.

Keep hanging in there. We're with you as needed to offer support and
encouragement along this exceptionally challenging journey. Along with the
others . . . I just want to assure you that you're not alone . . . and we're
cheering you on.

dx'd Type 1  2/02 age 49; Paradigm pump 10/02