[IP] But I envy pampers on this site and especially young people like yourselves you have solo much to look forward to. [was Hating Diabetes]

  On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 email @ redacted wrote:

>And others, yeah I hate diabetes too. But I envy pampers on this site

>and especially young people like yourselves you have solo much to look

>forward to. I wish I had the tools to manage diabetes we have today,

>twenty years ago.

I was diagnosed 41+ years ago (Nov '61] && lost my vision (hemorrhaging on
retinas of both eyes] by age 20.  I went on a pump in June '81 && have been
happily pumping ever since (well, anyone who remembers the AS*6c && the
reason why all the pump companies stress that they cannot over-deliver will
know how happy we were back then).

There is NEVER reason to lost hope or give up.

I've been 'dumped' due to diabetes, been told I should never have children,
been told I should never marry, been told I'd never be able to hold down a
job and support a family, etc.

One marriage and a few kids later: I'm working full time a 90++ commute from
home at a major software house in NYC.  Thank G-d I'm still driving and
working and running around with the kids and doing all the 'good' things
that parents are supposed to (saying NO is finally becoming easier).

Giving up is NEVER an option.

Yerachmiel

image001.gif]