[IP] Re: Hating Diabetes / pumping/ & pg

Kristen wrote, in part:
>>> I am not
on the pump yet because I currently feel like it would
be too stigmatizing for me.  That I couldn't pass as
non-diabetic if I went on it.  Is that the right
attitude? Hell, no! But it is how I feel. <snip> I am also trying
to get pregnant and am not going to take time off of
school.  >>>

I admire you for joining this list of *stigmatized* pumpers. LOL  But, if
you are planning to have a baby shortly, you may want to GREATLY reconsider
pumping. The other preggers on this list will tell you it's about the only
way to go to have a healthier you to deliver a healthier baby. The great
fluctuations of BG during that time is much better controlled via pump. We
have these buttons to push that can adjust the insulin flow up or down when
we want. Once you inject insulin, it cannot be sucked back out. If you do
not inject enough - another shot goes in.

I wish you the best. {{{{{Hughey Hugs}}}}}

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

You should never say anything to a woman that even remotely suggests that
you think she's pregnant unless you can see an actual baby emerging from her
at that moment.