[IP] RE: Hating diabetes

Kelby, and Leann, and the others who have posted about this, I just wanted to
tell you that I hate this disease too, and you're not alone.  I think I've
had it longer than you have (at least from what I gather from your posts);
I'm 32 and have been diabetic since I was 11.  I do go through periods where
my control is ok, and I feel pretty good, but I also go through long periods
of being frustrated and unhappy because something I can't completely control
affects my body so much.  I wanted to let you know you're not alone in the
minority; I often feel bad when I read posts from people here who have such
great attitudes about it.  Sometimes that is inspiring, though, and makes me
feel a little better.

My measly piece of advice is not to feel bad about feeling bad about it.
You're right; it's not cancer or AIDS.  But it is a chronic, long-term
disease that you have to deal with every day, that changes your life when you
are diagnosed.  It may not be as life-threatening as cancer or AIDS can be,
but it is life-changing.  Allow yourself to feel bitter or angry or sad or
frustrated or however you feel; doing that actually makes room for me to feel
better and to let it go a little.

I don't mean to get up on a soapbox or preach or anything like that, because
I struggle with this disease too.  But these kinds of things have helped me.
And I think everyone understands the need to vent; sometimes it makes others
feel not so alone!