[Previous Months][Date Index][Thread Index][Join - Register][Login]
[Message Prev][Message Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next]
[IP] Insulin Delivery/Absorption Problems
I have been having a terrible time with my blood sugars over the last week
and a half and I'm hoping one of you may be able to help me.
My tale of woe begins on Friday, March the 28th. That day I received
several no delivery alarms from my pump. But once I cleared the alarm and
reset the remaining bolus amount everything was fine. The insulin was
apparently all delivered and my blood sugars were great. I changed my
entire site as soon as possible to find no apparent problem with the
cannula (kink, bend, or blood). Same thing happened the next day. Followed
the same routine. On Sunday I received another no delivery alarm, but this
time no insulin was delivered. When I cleared the pump and reset the
remaining bolus amount I received another immediate no delivery
error. Again, I changed my site as soon as possible and found no apparent
Since that time I have changed my site at least once and sometimes twice a
day. I have not received a no delivery alarm, but I can't for the life of
me get my blood sugar below about 200 or so without resorting to
shots. (Shots work fine, by the way, so I don't think it's an insulin
resistance- catching the flu-, or hormonally-induced-type problem.)
I have used a different lot number of reservoirs. I have used a different
lot number of Silhouettes. I have selftested the pump and found no
problem. When I do a tubing clamp I do get a no delivery alarm at between
0.7 and 1.5 units.
The only commonality I have found in all these site changes is that when I
remove it, the used cannula always has little bubbles in it, indicating--I
think--that no insulin has been delivered for some time. When I prime the
disconnected site the cannula fills up and the bubbles disappear.
Oh, and by the way: Hate it!!! Hate it!!! Hate it!!! Hate it!!! Hate it!!!
for HELP or to subscribe/unsubscribe, contact: