[IP] Re: Joslin Clinic

Just my two cents' worth: I have been seen at the Joslin Clinic for
the past 3.5 years, and a few years before that I participated in the
DO IT program. I have never been anything but exceptionally impressed
with the quality of care I have received there, from the doctors,
nurse educators, nutritionists, and exercise physiologists.  Time and
time again, they have gone above and beyond the call of duty in their
efforts to help me manage my diabetes. The levels of care,
commitment, professionalism, knowledge, and most importantly,
understanding of what it's like to have diabetes, have never wavered.
It sounds like people had *really* bad experiences there in the past,
but perhaps Joslin has made changes to correct those problems? I hope
so! There is nothing worse than having a doctor be part of the
problem instead of part of the solution. Of course, YMMV--the most
important thing is that we all find good doctors, no matter where
they work, who respect us as the patients and who try to understand
what it's like to live with this disease.