No Subject

Sorry for the no subject line...my Outlook2000 is messed up and I
can't add one. (In the 'options' menu it says it is enabled but
yet there is no place to put a subject line...HELP!) Anyhow...

Re: the glucowatch, that is about the same % different that the
FDA allows for meters. You shouldn't compare the readings between
the GW and a meter anymore than you should between 2 meters.
Also, the GW is only a trending device and isn't mean to be used
as a regular meter (they serve similar but different functions).
The patterns and trends are what are important, not the
individual numbers. Seeing that overall picture is what helps
your control. Even though it does skip readings you still get far
more than you could ever do comfortably (or reasonably) with a
meter. The other thing is that while the sensors aren't cheap, if
you divide the cost of one by the number of hours they test for
(or even the number of actual tests you get from each one) it
isn't too expensive. To test that often with your meter would be
quite expensive per day. Just some thoughts.
There are also trials going on using azmacort to help with the
skin irritation issues.

Sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience with it.

Take care, Kerri, mom to Shannon-12.5, dx 11/96, pumping 11/99,
and 7 other blessings :)
"Hold on to what is good even if it is a handful of earth.
Hold on to what you believe even if it is a tree which stands by
Hold on to what you must do even if it is a long way from here.
Hold on to life even when it is easier letting go.
Hold on to my hand even when I have gone away from you." ~ Pueblo

FJB said:
I have been using the Glucowatch for about three weeks and not
why.The first two to three times all I got was Skip,Skip,Skip. I
got it to work for about 50% of the total daily readings.The
problem was
that there where gaps of one to two hours between readings.I
the readings with my One-Touch readings and they are about 30-40%
apart.So the question is how does this help me with my control? I
am in
a undecided period at this time ,use it or give it up.

The other problem i have is the skin irritation. I have to shave
my arms
to place the watch for good contact.After shaving the hair off
weeks ago the skin is scabbing and very dry.i was thinking a
couple of
days after its use it would be healed,no way.I am in the process
debating whether to continue to use it or give to the grandson as
sky-king space watch.