Re: [IP] Fruit with breakfast

> My brother told me about a book called Natural Healing by John
> Soltanoff.

Sounds to me like Mr. Soltanoff skipped high school chemistry. Starch
is broken down immediately by saliva into glucose. All you have to do
is chew. It's one of the fastest ways of getting glucose into your
system if none is handy.

The experiment we did in highschool, so long ago a don't care to
remember, was to chew a soda craker and test for the presence of
glucose with some mystery stuff that turned purple in the presense of

That is why refined cereals have such a high Glycemic Index. The tiny
particles make it much easier for the body to immediately convert the
starch to glucose.