[IP] Re: Quarterly Lancet Change Reminder

<The reason I change lancet needles after feeling the "thud" actually
less to bacteria and more to wanting to feel less pain with testing. :-) For
those who are reusing your needles a lot: Do your lancets seem to stay as
efficient at skin puncture as newer needles? I have not personally tested
this as I was following my CDE's "thud rule" suggestion and simply assumed
from this that needles will become dull over time.>

I notice that my lancets get dull fairly quickly (testing 10-12 times a
day).  I change them every couple of days for this reason or every day when
I can remember.  When I have to "stab" my finger 3 times to get a drop of
blood, or turn up the dial on the lancing device (I use the lowest setting),
I know it's time to change.  A newer lancet is less painful and more
efficient in my experience.

dx'd 3/02 age 37, pumping 8/02 clear Paradigm