[IP] Advice on wearing a pump & working construction

Hi Cathy,

Well, I guess I'll weigh in too. Everyone has given you good advice
though. I'm a developer but do work on-site for months at a time. To be
honest, I go to MDI when on a project. NOT because the pump presents a
problem but every piece of equipment on a construction job seems to get
smashed at some point. I'm simply avoiding a showdown with my insurance
company (read: big chicken and too cheap to buy one outright!). If I
were to work year-round at construction sites and wanted to wear my
pump, I would put it in a clip-n-go and stash that inside my tool belt
for extra protection. Here is another tip for him. I wear my pump in a
case that hangs around my neck (under my shirt). I have never bumped it
or pulled tubing wearing it there. Sure enough though, my cell phone
gets smashed (on hip)!  As for testing, I have a Classic case with a
freeze pack in it. He can keep his case in the truck or on the site
somewhere and everything will stay dust free and cool for the day.

It has always been my experience that there is running water or coolers
with water on a job site but again, use wipes like suggested if there's
no water source. The ADA magazine had at least two feature articles
with contractors who went to pumps. See if you can find them in their
archive section. If this site has taught me anything, it is this.
Pumper's here have skydived, scuba dived, played football, soccer and
done everything else on this planet without letting a pump get in their
way. Like Jeff, if I chose to wear a pump daily at my job, I would make
it work too. I'm just chicken about wrecking my pump but that's my
call. Please don't take this as a non-endorsement for pumping at
construction work. Just alert your friend to giving his pump a little
extra protection.

Good luck.........Fred