[IP] exercises for back pain?

    I have had back problems for years, and I finally gave in to surgery a
couple of years ago.  While I don't have the acute pain you are experiencing
now, the sciatica I'm left with is chronic.
    I agree with the person who recommended avoiding sitting.  That definitely
makes it worse.  But if you can walk, that helps, even if it hurts while you
are doing it.  Walk, walk, walk, and if you have to, stop and rest when the
pain gets too bad and then start again.  I think you will find that you will
begin to see some relief.
    Good luck on seeing a doctor soon!