Re: [IP] exercises for back pain? - yeah, quite OT :)

> several years ago i injured my back at work, the doctor at that point
> said it was a pinched nerve, and it got a little better for a while, but
> past year my back has been flaring up off and on to the point where i
> sit up for more than 15 minutes at a time.
> anyway, until i see the doc and get her advice (and hopefully a referral
to a
> physiotherapist that takes ohip),

Have you considered seeing a chiropractor?  A pinched nerve and back pain
are both the kind of thing they are good at helping.

I'm guessing that there are some on this board who are skeptical about
chiropractors and what they do, but I can tell you they do work.
Unfortunately, there have been some who claimed to be able to fix things
they can't which has probably given them a bad rap, but as long as they
stick to what they are good at, they are a great help.

The example I always use with skeptics is this one.  Years ago, I was
diagnosed with TMJ.  It would cause pain in my ears like an ear infection,
only there wasn't one.  I would also grind my teeth in my sleep when it
flared up.  I went to an ENT, and he prescribed a muscle relaxant.

Then a few years later, when I had an appointment with my chiropractor at
the time of a flare up and thought to ask him if he could do anything about
that, he said, "Sure," and made an adjustment.  The pain was immediately
resolved, and I had no further need for the muscle relaxants the doctor had
given me.  It does occasionally go out again, but when adjusted right, it
will stay where it belongs for months at a time.

Your pinched nerve would likely take several weeks to resolve, but it makes
sense to me to address the problem itself, rather than to take drugs to mask

Of course, YMMV.

dxd 1985, pumping since 1990