Re: [IP] exercises for back pain? - yeah, quite OT :)

email @ redacted writes:

> I've got to see my doctor about this, but the wait it just insane, and i'm
> about to go into exams, on top of working part time, so things are a little
> nuts.  several years ago i injured my back at work, the doctor at that
> point
> said it was a pinched nerve, and it got a little better for a while, but
> this
> past year my back has been flaring up off and on to the point where i can't
> sit up for more than 15 minutes at a time.
> anyway, until i see the doc and get her advice (and hopefully a referral to
> physiotherapist that takes ohip), does anyone have any suggestions on
> gentle
> stretches or exercises that might help relieve some of the pain?

Is the pain only in your back?  Or is it going down one leg?  I had surgery
many years ago for herniated disks and my back has not been great since.
When it flares up, I try a moist heated pad or an ice pack.  You may want to
try both and see which feels better.  I wouldn't suggest any exercises or
stretches, since they may do more harm.  I'd wait to see the doctor and see
what he suggests.