From: Sharon Brousseau [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Sunday, April 06, 2003 1:26 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] RE: (IP) Advice on wearing a pump & working
construction

needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest of
the diabetes community. Please visit:

I am a social worker that works with children - my thing so I don't get
germs is keeping those handi-whips or anti-bacterial wipes in my car to
wash my hands after leaving homes. So far I haven't had any problems
with the wipes affecting my blood sample - just make sure your hands air
dry before testing. When it was very warm - here in Michigan during the
summer - kept a little cooler with a smaller ice pack in my car - you
don't want the cooler too cold because it isn't good for your battery. I
found the insulin in my pump lasting only 1-2 days in the heat-not
filling the reservoir as much as you normally do during that time. Keep
extra insulin on hand plus a syringe too. You also can use
anti-persperant around your site-you skin won't get hot and sweaty
there. I think the clear-gel antiperspirant types work the best. Best
wishes! Sharon B