RE: [IP] Re: Tubing Length

No, sorry but I'm a male, I but do thank you for your comments.

Lee - Seattle

-----Original Message-----
From: jhughey [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 4:25 PM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: [IP] Re: Tubing Length

needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest of
the diabetes community. Please visit:

>>>I'm about to start pumping and have a question on tubing length.  I
see your choices are anywhere from 23" to 43".  Would any care to
comment on their experiences.  Thanks Lee - Seattle>>>

When I started pumping our only choice was 43" - no disconnect, but then
they offered an *additional* 43" length to attach to the first one so
one could wear a long dress and have it come out from underneath and
back to the belt. I still have a packaaged one that I never used (any!).
But, the longer length tubing allows me to toss Bluda Sue (my pump) on
the bed and I can move around comfortable with her dangling. She can go
under my pillow if need be as well. I put her in a bag attached to a
zippered coin purse on a belt ring with a belt over the shower rod and
can move around in the shower still attached. These are *my* reasons for
using the longer length. You really need to try for yourself. I think
they came out with the shorter length when children started using pumps.
They'd probably trip over  it. LOL

BTW, this list has *trained* me to *presume* all generically-named
members are female. So, Lee, are you female?

\(/ Jan (63 y/o, dx'd T-1 11/5/50, pmpg 8/23/83) & Bluda Sue (MM507C
3/99) Dialyzing since 7/8/02 http://maxpages.com/bludasue  AND
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

With her marriage she got a new name and a dress.