Re: [IP] DST Change and Quarterly Lancet Change Reminder

Helpful hints learned from a CDE when she taught me how to check BGLs: You
can tell when a lancet change is due because you will "feel a thud instead of
a stick"--and "use the sides, not the tips, of your fingers" (fewer nerve
endings; less pain). I use an Accu-Chek and find this "thud" rule means
changing lancets about once daily (or every 6-8 checks). From recent posts I
suspect there are more than a few of us on the list who still possess a
healthy sense of humor about needles, i.e., changing lancets only a few times
per year. Very funny! :-) OTOH, the Girl Scout in me shudders at the very
thought! Pounding your fingers with a dull lancet???? Risking bacteria
buildup over weeks and months at a time???? Eeeewwww! Ouch!