[IP] Re: ... and insurance (long again)

> I'm not quite sure what we are going to do if this can't be changed.  How
> you get your supplies with a $2000 cap?
> Kristen

I am/was very fortunate in that when I got my 507C (Bluda Sue) evidently MM
convinced the ins. co. at the time that I'd use a box a month of reservoirs
and infusion sets cuz they agreed to pay for a year's worth and I got 12
(TWELVE) boxes of each!! That equals to changing every 1.5 days. I change
sites every 4-5 days and reuse my reservoirs. They have lasted me almost
this long and some 'net friends sent me some supplies when they upgraded to
the Paradigm (I didn't even ask them). It sure helped since we put out over
$14,000.00 out of pocket on medical expenses last year. None of that was DME
stuff. :-(((

Oh, that ins. co. that paid that then was in March and the employer changed
companies the next August - so I was realllllllly fortunate. I can get sets
and res. on a pharmacy Rx - not DME - through this company now. I don't know
why, but it's set that way. If Bluda Sue dies before we have a better plan,
we'll have to pay more than half of Mxxxxxx (next pump's name withheld to
protect my future use of it). (~_^)

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

Change isn't change until there's a change ~ Mike Barber