From: Sharon Brousseau [mailto:email @ redacted]
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2003 10:07 AM
To: email @ redacted
Subject: Re: [IP] Fruit with breakfast

needed so that Insulin Pumpers can continue to serve you and the rest of
the diabetes community. Please visit:

Fruit, no matter when I eat it causes my blood sugar to go up then "drop
like a hot potato". I usually try to eat an apple with a piece of toast
in the morning - saying 10 grams of carbohydrates for the bread and 20
grams (depending on the size of apple) for the apple bolusing 3 units
(1:15). I do not do a correction bolus if I am in the 180-200 range 2
hours later because I will go down to "closer to normal" by lunch time.
What a trip! I do need to get a glycemic index book - I heard the
Glycemic index concept is a good concept for trying to figure out high
sugar foods like fruit. Take care Sharon B