re:[IP] RE: unexpected highs/rapid drops

This happened to me when i was first diagnosed in 1981.

Faith and SweetiePie, my mighty blue d-tron
pumping since 08-00

<<<<<<<<Some experts have written that overcorrecting a high BG too fast
can cause
fluid shifts in the brain. In DKA, this overcorrection, along with too
IV fluid can cause this problem. There are documented cases of this
complication of DKA treatment.  If DKA is not present, you might have a
headache, and the headache severity can vary.

Why this happens is still not clear to researchers, but it can happen.

I hope this is clearer.