[IP] Re: The pumps, my earlier rant, and insurance (long again)

Kristen wrote, in part:
>>>My interest in the Cozmo is more due to the reminders than the dose
figuring.  I want the reminders to check my bs two hours later and change my
sites.  >>>

My concern would be that by 2 hrs. I would forget that it's going to
*remind* me (in what form???) and I would be in a meeting or church, etc.
and it would be disruptive. If it's a vibrate-type alarm, I can't stand
anything that vibrates. If it's audible, that would be disruptive. Is it
something that could be turned off since it wouldn't always be conducive to
a situation. What if someone were in court, etc.?????? (it does happen) ;-)

>>>And, if you are still reading about all of my troubles, now you get the
really, really bad news.  My husband's employer is changing insurance AGAIN
in June (this will be the third time during my pump shopping endeavor).
There is a cap on DME supplies of $2500. >>>

That's where we are not - but a $2,000.00 cap. Bluda Sue is out of warranty
now and I hope if the employer (I'm on COBRA 'til 11/04) changes ins. co's
again it will be better. Usually it isn't - it's worse with higher premiums.
We now pay $822.86 a month.

Dialyzing since 7/8/02
picture of the World's Youngest Pumper)

All I want is less to do, more time to do it, and higher pay for not getting
it done.